Thursday, September 27, 2018, 11:15 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. - Innovation and Design Building, Boston, MA
On September 27th, 2018, the Baker-Polito Administration hosted the 2nd Massachusetts Cybersecurity Forum, a gathering convened by the Commonwealth to bring together the state’s world-class cybersecurity companies, thought leaders, research and development centers, universities, and talent. Leveraging the success of last year’s inaugural event, this year’s Forum built on that momentum, to strengthen connections across the cybersecurity ecosystem and solidify the Commonwealth’s global leadership in cybersecurity.
The 2018 Forum took place in Boston’s Seaport district at the Innovation Design Building and focused on the theme, “Extreme Collaboration”. The invitation-only event highlighted examples of successful cybersecurity collaborations in the Commonwealth and identified new ways for organizations across industry, academic, public, and nonprofit sectors to work together with an integrated, comprehensive approach to address security risks and defense as well as advancing economic opportunities across the Commonwealth.
The Forum included:
- Leadership Luncheon with Governor Charlie Baker and featured keynote speakers: former U.S. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter, Assistant Secretary Jeanette Manfra, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and Michael Daly, CTO, Cybersecurity & Special Missions, Raytheon Company
- Cyber Trek breakout sessions, panels, and TED-style talks featuring CISOs and executives from industry, academia, and government focused on:
- Reports from Inside: Massachusetts Leading Cybersecurity R&D Initiatives
- Collaborative Defense
- Cybersecurity Product and Technology Development
- Over the Horizon Cybersecurity R&D Opportunities
- Bridging the Cybersecurity Talent Gap
- The Cost of Resilience
- Networking Reception
In the News
Navy Captain Helm Named State CyberCenter Director State House News Service
Mass. Gov. Announces Grants to Grow Cyber Resiliency Infosecurity Magazine
Massachusetts Names CyberCenter Lead, Grants to Bolster IT Workforce News Staff/Government Technology
Massachusetts Working to Close Cybersecurity Skills Gap Campus Technology
Navy Capt. Stephanie Helm named Massachusetts cybercenter director Worcester Telegram & Gazette
Navy captain tapped for cybersecurity Sentinel & Enterprise
The Massachusetts Cybersecurity Forum was presented by the Baker-Polito Administration, the Massachusetts Technology Collaborative, and the Massachusetts Cybersecurity Growth and Development Center (MassCyberCenter).
Thank you to the sponsors of the Massachusetts Cybersecurity Forum for their generous contributions.