Held during October 2020, Massachusetts Cybersecurity Month highlighted the robust cybersecurity ecosystem that exists in our state. The Month theme of “Collaborating for a Secure Future” highlighted the broad audiences—educational institutions, businesses, R&D centers, policy leaders, investors, and technology groups—that come together in the Massachusetts cybersecurity ecosystem. This ecosystem makes Massachusetts a national cybersecurity leader and enables the Commonwealth's citizens and economy to thrive in the face of growing threats. Massachusetts Cybersecurity Month was held concurrently with National Cybersecurity Awareness Month.
Governor Baker signed an official proclamation on behalf of the Commonwealth to formally announce Massachusetts Cybersecurity Month! Read the official proclamation (PDF) here or click on the image to the right.
There were many opportunities for cybersecurity stakeholders, educational institutions, and businesses to showcase their capabilities and offerings as part of the Month, and to contribute to the advancement of cybersecurity across Massachusetts.
A listing of events that took place across the state as part of #MassCyberMonth is available here.
- Cyberthreats and Election 2020 - Assumption University, 10/7/2020
- Cybersecurity Mentorship Pilot Program Career Panel 1: Jobs in Cybersecurity - MassCyberCenter, 10/8/2020
- Cybersecurity Awareness Training Series for Municipal Officials - Homeland Security Advisory Councils of Massachusetts, 10/19/2020
- The Management/Data Security Divide - Nichols College, 10/20/2020
- Cybersecurity Mentorship Pilot Program Career Panel 2: Cyber Across Industries - MassCyberCenter, 10/21/2020
- Driving the Cybersecurity Agenda with the C-Suite and Boards - A CEO / CISO Fireside Chat - ACSC, 10/22/2020
- Third Party Vendor Management: Map, Assess & Mitigate Risk - MassCyberCenter, 10/22/2020
- Cybersecurity Summit - UMass Lowell, 10/23/2020
- 2020 Massachusetts Cybersecurity Forum - MassCyberCenter, 10/29/2020
In the News
- Cybersecurity News and Events - Mass.gov
- October Event Highlights from our Youth Team - Greater New Bedford Workforce Board
Wondering how you can learn more about cybersecurity or information you can share with your students, employees, or business partners about cybersecurity?
Review our Resource page to find links, explainers, and FAQs from a mix of national organizations.
Below are a few of the organizations statewide that took part in Massachusetts Cybersecurity Month 2020.