The MassCyberCenter hosts cybersecurity career panels on occasion that contain useful information for those exploring a career in cybersecurity.
Moderator: Alan Ritacco, the VP of External Affairs at Clark University
- Saman Amigh, CIO, UniBank
- Lodrina Cherne, Principal Security Advocate, Cybereason
- Peo Nathan, CEO, Computer Vault
- Patty Patria, CIO, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Keynote: Secretary Mike Kennealy, Housing and Economic Development, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Moderator: Damon Cox, Assistant Secretary of Technology, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Meghan Martinez, Digital Forensics and Incident Response Lead, MassMutual
- Marc Zissman, Associate Head, Cyber Security and Information Sciences Division, MIT Lincoln Laboratory
- Erik Burns, Senior Domain Engineer - Application Security, Rapid7
Moderator: Gary Evee, Founder and CEO of Evee Security
- Ming Chow, Professor of Computer Science at Tufts University;
- Rodney Petersen, Director of the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education; and
- Debby Briggs, CSO of Netscout.
Moderator: Sam Curry, CSO of Cybereason
- Ron Ford, Regional Cybersecurity Advisor - New England, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency;
- Katherine Kountze, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Eversource Energy; and
- David Guffrey, Medical Device Cybersecurity Program Manager, Mass General Brigham Health.
Moderator: Janet Levesque, Chief Information Security Officer of athenahealth
- Sandy Carielli, Principal Analyst, Forrester
- Chris Frappier, Senior Customer Success Manager, Armis
- Lloyd Evans, Cybersecurity Engineer, TDMK Digital
NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework
The National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies' NICE Framework is a blueprint provides a common language to speak about cyber roles and jobs and can be referenced by those who wish to define professional requirements in cybersecurity.
Cybersecurity Career Pathway
Cyberseek offers an interactive career pathway that shows key jobs within cybersecurity, common transition opportunities between them, and detailed information about the salaries, credentials, and skillsets associated with each role.
CompTIA Career Path Planning Tool
CompTIA’s IT career path planning tool helps you visualize your next move from beginner to intermediate to advanced IT jobs within several categories, including cybersecurity. The tool shows the CompTIA certifications required for a career in cybersecurity.
National Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week
The National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education hosts this website providing resources for learning more about cybersecurity career topics.
Scholarship for Service
The U.S. Office of Personnel Management manages this unique program designed to recruit and train the next generation of information technology professionals, industrial control system security professionals, and security managers to meet the needs of the cybersecurity mission for Federal, State, local, and tribal governments.
Cybersecurity Degree Programs in Massachusetts
The MassCyberCenter has compiled a list of the degree programs for cybersecurity in Massachusetts. This list includes associate, bachelors, and graduate degrees, as well as certificate programs.
Cybersecurity Apprenticeship Program Finder
The National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education has released a map of cybersecurity apprenticeships in the United States. Programs listed in the NICE Cybersecurity Apprenticeship Program Finder may be registered with the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Apprenticeship, State-level registrations, or may not yet be registered. Some programs may include youth apprenticeships and pre-apprenticeship training programs. All programs include cybersecurity work role training and development.
Job seekers can improve their likelihood of securing a full-time position in the cybersecurity industry by participating in internships, mentoring programs, conferences, and competitions, such as Capture the Flag exercises. The MassCyberCenter periodically posts these opportunities here.