Solicitation No. 2023-JAII-02
The Massachusetts Technology Collaborative (MassTech) is issuing this CHIPS Capital Grant Program Solicitation (Solicitation No. 2023-JAII-02) for companies that are applying to the United States Department of Commerce (“USDOC”) CHIPS for America Notice of Funding Opportunities (“NOFO’s”), and are seeking a state capital grant award as part of the offer of a “qualified covered state incentive” that must be included in an application for federal funding. Funding for state CHIPS capital grant awards will be made available through annual bond allocations given to MassTech.
The Mass Technology Collaborative, in close partnership with the Executive Office of Economic Development, is issuing this solicitation in order to help Massachusetts-based companies achieve their goals of securing federal CHIPS funding from the Department of Commerce as part of their plans in order to expand manufacturing in the Commonwealth while supporting the federal economic and national security objectives. Massachusetts company-led projects that support new or expanded capability or capacity of microelectronics production, lifecycle processes such as packaging, test and integration, supply chain
(e.g. materials) and equipment producers, and that meet other eligibility requirements set forth below will be considered through this solicitation. Desired outcomes from MassTech CHIPS Capital Grant Program investments include:
- increased customer base or revenue for companies through increased production volume or new products and services;
- growth in economic opportunity across all regions of the Commonwealth;
- expanded and equitable employment of diverse talent and workforce;
- deeper connections and collaborations with talent, education, and skills partners;
- establishment of more resilient and interconnected regional supply chains that include MA-based small/medium manufacturers;
- leveraging, or strengthening, the existing research, technology development, and innovation ecosystem through partnerships; and,
- helping to create more sustainable manufacturing processes to reduce environmental impact.
Full details included in the Solicitation below.
|Pat Larkin, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Solicitation Issued:||May 3, 2023|
|Questions Due:||Accepted on a rolling basis|
|Answers to Questions Posted:||Posted on a rolling basis|
|Responses Due:||September 30, 2024 by 3:00 PM EST|
Download Application Documents:
Download Solicitation No. 2023-JAII-02 (PDF) Amended 5/4/2023