The Cyberspace Solarium Commission (CSC) was established in the John S. McCain National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019 to "develop a consensus on a strategic approach to defending the United States in cyberspace against cyber attacks of significant consequences." On March 11, 2020 the CSC released their report and presented it to the public.
The CSC proposes a strategy of layered cyber deterrence. The report consists of over 80 recommendations to implement the strategy. These recommendations are organized into 6 pillars:
- Reform the U.S. Government's Structure and Organization for Cyberspace.
- Strengthen Norms and Non-Military Tools.
- Promote National Resilience.
- Reshape the Cyber Ecosystem.
- Operationalize Cybersecurity Collaboration with the Private Sector.
- Preserve and Employ the Military Instrument of National Power.
The report is available here: https://www.solarium.gov/report