On October 17th, 2019, the Baker-Polito Administration hosted the 2019 Massachusetts Cybersecurity Forum, part of the inaugural Massachusetts Cybersecurity Week. The Forum was a gathering convened by the Commonwealth to bring together the state's world-class cybersecurity companies, thought leaders, research and development centers, universities, and talent. Leveraging the success of the 2017 and 2018 events, the 2019 Forum built on that momentum, to strengthen connections across the cybersecurity ecosystem and solidify the Commonwealth’s global leadership in cybersecurity.
The 2019 Forum focused on the theme, “Leading a Cyber Secure and Resilient Commonwealth Together”. This invitation-only event highlighted examples of successful cybersecurity collaborations in the Commonwealth and identified new ways for organizations across industry, academic, public, and nonprofit sectors to work together with an integrated, comprehensive approach to address security risks and defense as well as advancing economic opportunities across the Commonwealth.
The 2019 Forum took place at two locations, first a luncheon in the Great Hall at the Massachusetts State House followed by afternoon trek sessions and a closing reception at Rapid7's new headquarters (120 Causeway Street, Suite 400, Boston, MA).
In the News
- In The News: New Massachusetts municipal cybersecurity program captures media’s attention at Massachusetts Cybersecurity Forum - [Roundup Blog]
- Baker announces program to protect from cyberattacks - Boston Herald [paywall]
- State helping towns bolster cyber defenses - State House News Service
- Our Opinion: Cybersecurity must be government priority - Berkshire Eagle
- Massachusetts governor announces new cybersecurity program - AP
- Massachusetts announces cybersecurity workshops for local governments - StateScoop
The Massachusetts Cybersecurity Forum was presented by the Baker-Polito Administration, the Massachusetts Technology Collaborative, and the Massachusetts Cybersecurity Growth and Development Center (MassCyberCenter).
Thank you to the sponsors of the Massachusetts Cybersecurity Forum for their generous contributions.